Wednesday 6 June 2012

House and home

Today I give thanks for knowing when to give up. I've been struggling with a sewing project for weeks and after another try today I decided to call it one. It's no big deal...I was just trying to alter an old bag to be more suitable to my needs ie a cross body strap so it doesn't fall off and a pocket to put purse and so on in so I'm not scrabbling in the bottom. But this bag has fought me all the way and this afternoon I stopped fighting back! I do get exasperated with people who say you can achieve anything you put your mind to. How does that work in a race for instance with everyone believing they can win? What's that? They're not believing hard enough? Well they didn't achieve that either then did they? I'm grateful for trying, it was a damn fine idea...but I'm also grateful for knowing when it ceased to be.

I give thanks for the astonishingly torrential rain this morning and the lovely afternoon it is here, fresh and breezy and sunny too.For the sight of cloud shadows dashing across the fields and the glint of light on the river. And a couple attempting to assemble a large and fancy plastic wendy house in their yard. I get the impression it's been in sections in their shed for the winter and needs some persuading to become habitable again. Mallets are involved. Nice of them to try though... I had to make do with a clothes horse and a blanket. Oh, that reminds me....I give thanks for washing drying on the rack by the window and a vague possibility of ironing later too...

And, with apologies to those who've seen it elsewhere, for this amusing tale...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-18322606

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics