Friday 15 June 2012

Running commentary

I give thanks for all the splendid weather we've been having lately. Splendid if you're snug indoors up a hill, and love howling wind and the spatter of rain on double glazing...which I do. Most of all I'm grateful for living in sight and sound of the sea. I enjoy it when I can hear the soothing lapping of waves at night when other noises are quietened but the muted roar when the when the windows are locked tight shut stirs my soul and draws me to look. Today the sea looked grey at first but there were little patches of sparkling turquoise racing across when the sun's rays found their way through gaps in the scudding clouds. Then later as the wind got up again more turquoise and more white flecks to the wave tops but streaks or purply brown where weed and debris has been churned up. The trees are doing their Jethro Tull thing again and it's all so beautiful to me!

I give thanks to Bob for sending me his Potatoes Dauphinoise recipe as a) I know it is exceedingly delicious and b) it's written in a similar way to my cookie one a while ago without measurements but with hints and tips! I had a bit of go last night and it was OK but not as scrummy as I would have liked so I thought I'd send for assistance from someone who's tried out a few versions already.

I give thanks for glimpses of the rather friendly, intimate atmosphere at Queens...a player chatting to the ballgirl holding an umbrella over him as he sits waiting for a shower of rain to pass over Although the club has been there for many years of course, the big blue stands are temporary structures put up for the tournament and the site is all very small scale and personal. I'm so glad I've been, and to Wimbledon too. Although that is a much larger complex now it still retains a homely feel. It does feel odd though when you're used to watching tennis on TV and you are there in the crowd and there's no commentary!

I give thanks to Rachel for a particularly good treatment yesterday, that really hit the spiritual spot. Sometimes after acupuncture I have a sense of all the other ways of being there may be. It's hard to put this into words, but some ways of being are beyond them...that's the point!

1 comment:

  1. I've also enjoyed the weather today, I don't normaly enjoy stormy weather, but I have a perfect view at work of the harbour, and seeing the waves tower over the pier has been good to watch, tried to catch it on my camera, but the pics looked pretty poor compared to seeing it for real
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics