Thursday 7 June 2012

Coast haste

Well, well...you know that red thing I saw on Monday night? Maybe it wasn't the moon! http://www.middevonstar.co.uk/news/mid_devon_news_mix/9745589.UFO_spotted_over_Witheridge/?ref=rss

I give thanks for having seen a few unidentified or apparently unlikely phenomena in my life...and more to come I hope.

I give thanks for the tennis being rather dull (in my opinion) yesterday afternoon so that I wasn't glued to the screen and the edge of my seat (an uncomfortable combination if there's a comfortable viewing gap in between). The commentator described the first set and a half of the Murray v Ferrer match as being like a game of chess. This was meant as praise I think but it made me realise why I was finding viewing so tedious and turned over! I don't really mind who wins but I do need some oohs and aahs along the way. I did some chores again...it's hard to say I'm glad I did but I am glad they're done!

I give thanks for the gentle sound of the waves before the storm last night. My body was weary of aches and inconveniences and it soothed my fractious mind to sleep.

I'm grateful my favourite taxi driver was free to take me to the station. I gave up on the bus. They're resurfacing a narrow road between me and the unsheltered bus stop so there seemed too many opportunities to get wet and squashed. The train will have a loo which might be handy and the city bus from the station goes much nearer the kidney unit. Besides there might be big waves to see along the coast.

I'm grateful I'm up in time for departure for my treatment. If I stop doing this I might even be dressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics