Wednesday 20 June 2012

Agape

First of all I give thanks to my friend's husband for making their Christmas gift chutney too hot for me as the 'Thai green curry' sauce I had in my Tesco delivery was so insipid it needed something to spice it up! Yes, I know I should have known better regarding the sauce but one lives in hope that something 'convenient' will also be tasty, and it is worth trying things now and then as once in a while they are.

I’m grateful that my upstairs neighbour came home in the night for a sesh with her stereo AND I had joint pain too severe to sleep. Two wrongs might not make a right but if I was going to be awake with one it was no particular hardship to be awake for the other as well. I give thanks for earplugs, paracetamol and relaxation techniques that eventually had me drifting off and for having nothing alarm clock urgent to do today so I could catch up with the zzzzs late into the day.

When I did stir I gave thanks that I’ve gone back to BT for my calls so the display functions are working on my phone and I could see I’d missed an early one from a mobile I didn’t recognise. There was no message so I thought this was just a random who had realised their mistake at my answer machine greeting. I made a cuppa and farted around writing an earlier version of my blog for my tablet phone to eat...and then started on the business of the day, calling the medical supply company to see if there was any news regarding the order I placed last week. ‘Oh yes,’ said the lady on the other end, ‘it says here it was out for delivery this morning’. I’d been told they would tell customers when supplies were in to arrange a delivery day so this was a tad exasperating so I rang the mobile number to see if the chap was still in the area, not confident as it was more than a couple of hours before...and he said ‘Well, it said on the package to ring you, but you didn’t answer so I left it on the doorstep’! Where do they get these people??? Luckily in the meantime another neighbour had brought it indoors but I think we’ll give up on this particular supply chain don’t you? I am very grateful to receive my box of tricks anyway...since I’m still suffering from some trickiness in that department.

I’m grateful for getting a few of my in town chores done today...while there were some glimmers of sunshine about...and for managing not to ‘wet myself’ until almost home. Yes, I KNOW this shouldn’t be happening, and yes, we are all trying to make it stop, so spare your typing breath, OK? I'm grateful to Laura for some help with scraping and sanding and paint prepping bits of wall in my bedroom this afternoon and most of all I'm grateful I've almost finished what ought to be done today and can just get a plate of supper and a sofa full of rest!

Finally I thought I’d share this conundrum with you...There was a tanker ‘parked up’ in sight of my bedroom window most of the day, yesterday. Nothing particularly unusual about that, except that, at some point it opened the big red doors to its hold and kept them vertical for hours. Now, usually that happens only if there’s some loading or unloading going on...so...Had they been unloading flying fish or birds? Or swimming stowaways? Were the crew sunbathing au naturel and worried about frightening (or enticing) other sailors in the bay? Or...I don’t know if this sounds absurdly domestic...but were they simply giving the place a bit of an air in the sunshine? Loading up sunshine and fresh air... Answers on a seagull I think, please.

I don’t think this is connected...but it’s kind of touching anyway... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18495186

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel, bit of a curry fanatic myself, so keep Lime Pickle, lime juice and Garam Masala on hand, have been known to add a touch of Branston pickle in desperation when the taste buds aren't tickled enough, but then I make curry from scratch, probably teaching granny how to suck eggs here! Good job your upstairs neighbour had a late morning, your parcel might have had her beaky nose twitching. Well Angel its the longest day tomorrow and summertime should begin, something gone wrong here methinks.
    Love and gentle hugs Patxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics