Tuesday 12 June 2012

Out to grass

I give thanks that rain caused all play to be abandoned at Queen's yesterday as I didn't have time to give it my full attention anyway... When I'd finished my chores I was able to rest on the sofa and catch up with some of the things I'd recorded whilst watching the French Open instead... I'm grateful that I didn't get wet when I went out to post the post and that, at last in the late afternoon, I found the appetite to eat some of the food I'd made.

Today I give thanks for little snatches of sunshine and soft patter of showers of rain. For the prospect of a ready meal tea for a change... I give thanks to Laura for a flying visit to help with decorating chores and to Jan for making me some pretty little earrings to order and for them arriving by post swiftly and safely. I'm so grateful for people to help me do what I used to do myself, so my ideas can still materialise. I give thanks for some play at Queen's today which I've just sat down to watch. And for the memory, this time a couple of years ago, of hearing the announcers say there were still some tickets left for the final and thinking OK I'll relieve you of one! It was one of the most boring matches I've ever sat through but it was splendid to be there if nothing else for the delight of passing close to Mr Rusedski in a corridor!

1 comment:

  1. No comment re 'play at Queens' not up my street. Did see the lovely earrings though, very sweet. Hope that you get them soon.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics