Sunday 24 October 2021

Calculated

Woke up much too early again but I was grateful for sleeping quite well beforehand and a remarkable amount of get up and go...for a few hours at least! For witnessing the otherworldly orange light all around as sun rise filtered through dark storm clouds.

I give thanks for lots of little jobs crossed off my mental to do list, including cooking tomorrow's tea, various domestic duties and a little light creativity. For popping out for a few essentials from the Co-op using my member offers, and then phoning and emailing attaching a screenshot and a photo of the receipt to claim the missing discount back. I wondered which wonder of first world technology would go awry today as there seems to have been a bit of a run on these annoyances lately! I realise chasing this might seem rather petty and penny pinching, but it's partly a matter of principle and partly the result of years of poverty I guess. I've also been grateful to realise lately that being rather poor for most of my life has kept my carbon footprint down...though probably not enough to offset the effects of requiring so much medical and surgical treatment. In an idle moment with a calculator earlier I worked out I'd been living with cancer for over twenty percent of the total time I've been alive. Not quite sure if I'm grateful for that or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics