Wednesday 27 October 2021

Domesticated

I give thanks there are people who have people to cook them tea - particularly if they are old or weary or not very well, or possibly all three! For having experienced this occasionally so I can remember the wonderful nurtured feeling of doing something else, or possibly nothing at all, and have someone call 'It's ready!' or just bring you a plate of food. I give thanks for managing almost always to have something ready to be heated up when I come home from treatment, and taking care of myself the best I can. 

I give thanks for a snuggly blanket though the weather is still quite mild. For making a quick flapjack topping for some tinned rhubarb yesterday evening and the comfort of a pudding...two evenings in a row. 

I give thanks for accepting there's no way I'll stay awake until bed time tonight, but some optimism that if I give in to a snooze now I might be conscious again early enough for a bath. For remembering I need to check out my Sainsbury's order - just need to keep remembering long enough to do it before I doze off... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics