Thursday 7 October 2021

Squishy

I give thanks for the gap between being squished on the sofa by fatigue and pain yesterday evening and then again this afternoon, as in this blessed remission I had a reasonable night's sleep and managed an earlyish start to go and meet Gary on another remarkably pleasant autumn day. For the delight of a road less travelled - and a scenic railway line before that. For a nice breakfast when I could manage to eat it - still having a lot of trouble swallowing sometimes and I'm very grateful when it passes. 

For the good friends I've made since moving to this beautiful part of the world, and all the beautiful spots there are to spend time in with them. For the sight and sounds of the sea and the steam train. For spotting a lustrous black cat stalking through long grass and a grey striped tiger (stuffed? concrete? fibreglass?) on a flat roof between some buildings...there are advantages to not driving a car!

For online grocery shopping and for having room in the freezer to squish in a couple of items I thought would keep in the fridge but which were too short dated for that. I'm not complaining - a full freezer is a wonderful thing when your strength and mobility is erratic, and especially in these times of erratic product supply!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics