Friday 1 October 2021

Puffy

I give thanks for being wide awake at four but, despite having had around five hours sleep (that's a good night these days!) for managing a few more zzz's after a while. It makes such an improvement to both my mental and physical state to get a reasonable amount of rest so I was very grateful for feeling the benefits. For a busy but relaxed morning pottering around with few chores,  even finding time and inclination to do a bit of tile sticking as it's a Michelle day so I could leave most of the housework to her...

For tea and toast watching the rain clouds building and showers falling on the horizon...For the little white puffs streaming behind the steam engine that hooted as it passed. I love their chugging and whistling...but also, I realised the other day, I love the squeaky sound of ordinary train brakes as they pull in to a platform. I guess that's to do with the thought of journeys, adventures and meeting friends, though such delights are mostly just memories now. For living so close to a station.

I give thanks for an OK day at the office drifting off to some meditation music and  watching Netflix shows while munching a large packed lunch. For much laughter on the way home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics