Tuesday 19 October 2021

Pleasing

I give thanks for having an unusually pleasing day! Sometimes it seems as if the universe is conspiring against you but the last few hours it must have been conspiring against someone else instead! 

For waking early but after a reasonable length sleep, and up for cooking butter bean curry for tomorrow's supper and Quorn chicken, leek and broccoli pie for tonight. I didn't make the pastry, but I sure did make a lot of washing up so I give thanks for making some headway with that too! 

For happy phone triage - liver enzymes going down so steroids can go down a bit too - plus another call from the hospital about my urgent need for more vaccine. I'd been getting twitchy about this as if you ring the GP you are told to wait until they contact you and the main jab centre is about as far the other side of the city as I am here, but armed with the magic of my many comorbidities I have secured an appointment at the local hospital in two weeks' time. 

For my Amazon order arriving while I was in the building but not in the bathroom! 

For fixing Netflix which had stopped working on my TV, and time for a bit of a potter with mosaic bits before a taxi to Jo's for afternoon tea with her and Liz. For a very enjoyable time with plenty of laughter, commiseration and good (bad) things to eat!  For Jo's hospitality - including boxes of excess treats to take with us and a(nother) lovely present from Liz. 


For feeling up to walking home - it helped my back stop hurting and made my knees ache instead, but the mizzly drizzle was refreshing and waves thumping and spraying against the newer sections of sea wall exhilarating. For arriving just as the rain started taking itself seriously, and just as the cafe next door was closing so I could ask the staff for some info not available online like their phone number and whether they do takeaways. They do, and that could be handy for tea one day when there's not one I made earlier... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics