Friday 6 November 2020

Alien

I give thanks for the entertainment of backyard firework displays from those with flashier lifestyles than I! Reckon I  know pretty much all the reasons why pyrotechnics are a bad idea, but they always make me ooh and ah with delight and there's not an excess of that these days. Likewise for the wave machine of the sea turned up high by the wind overnight. Still blowing and I could hear it roar when I got out of the taxi just now but I'm happy pass on going closer to look. 

I've been suppressing oohs and ahs of discomfort with skin eruptions for a few weeks now while the renal and oncological teams bat responsibility to and fro. I give thanks for my kidney consultant coming to have a look this afternoon and saying she will email the cancer consultant to see what she says as it's nothing she's seen before. While they're scratching their heads I'm trying not to scratch anywhere else. Maybe I need to see a dermatologist...or an entomologist...I'm still not convinced they're not bites though nothing like any I've had before. I give thanks for having her on board anyway, she is one of the best docs in the hospital and I've seen a few! For much mirth with the research nurse too, she is always good fun to talk to and cheered me up on a difficult day with needles and pressures as well as spots. 

I give thanks for the second series of the Alienist on Netflix, seamlessly carrying on from where the book ended. The sets, costumes and cgi are such a feast for the eyes and I'm trying very hard not to gobble it up all at once...

I give thanks for not having anything I have to do this weekend, except do whatever I want...well within the various current restrictions, of course. Oh and for a very clean flat to do it in after Michelle's visit while I was out...and leftover curry to hear up for my tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics