Tuesday 3 November 2020

Cramped

Gosh I was grateful to get home last night! A major attack of cramp during treatment, an incredibly slow moving nurse at the end of it who almost moved me to physical violence and then diversions due to two closed roads on the route back led to an immense sense of relief when I finally made it through my front door whimpering with fatigue and frustration due to the unavoidable disorganisation of the organisation that keeps me alive. I gave even more thanks though when walking into my increasingly graciously spacious living room. It seems to be gradually growing in size as various articles find the place where they belong, and it instantly restored some graciousness to my spirit so I remembered the nurse who knows better than every one about everything might have low self esteem that needs desperately needs the occasions when she actually does, and the one who seems too distracted to function efficiently probably has a lot of worries on her mind.

I give thanks for falling straight asleep when my head hit the mattress (I don't sleep with a pillow!) but another major attack of cramp waking me up in time to hear the astonishingly loud and long crashes of thunder. For making it through the tasks needing attention on a zombie morning before a busy afternoon attending to the repeated calls on Facebook to strip the shelves of local small businesses bare before lockdown...or close down...and meeting Mima to try a newly opened cafe before it did. In its former incarnation the tables were all squashed together but it's much better arranged now and we had a lovely large oval table to sit apart at and some very nice light cake. I give thanks for my delightful dentist explaining the various procedures we must go through before I can have a filling, and the very helpful vascular access nurse explaining how and when my operation will proceed. The plans sound very sensible but involve the co-ordination of various departments, and in my many years experience of these situations that is when plans tend to go awry. I give thanks my preferred transport home after procedures (Julie) is willing and available to provide her usual cheery and practical service and beyond that I have to accept it's out of my hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics