Tuesday 24 November 2020

Drifting

Well that was a nice day out of the office! Though as soon as I wrote that the phone rang with another change of fistula surgery plan. This time we're going back to the one we first thought of, on the second day they decided but at a different time! I give thanks I only have my own small life to reschedule over and over again, those poor admin staff who have to sort all the associated arrangements, plus possibly disgruntled patients, must be finding life extra stressful these days. I'm also very grateful I'm in charge of my own transport now and have a helpful taxi driver to deal with not an exasperated ward clerk! 

I give thanks for following my heart while the sun shone earlier and making a short, not strictly essential, journey to somewhere where there was more space for people locked out of most shops to mill around with takeaway coffees and teas. For the breathtaking views of the cruise liners from the top of the bus and hill, and a seat to myself overlooking the end of the beach to eat vegan pizza and be visited by a crow. For the drifts of oak leaves on the sand. For running into the delightful Mr Haines, a spot of solitary shopping in the proper job fruit and veg shop where you can buy a solitary potato should you choose (and if you're a renal patient you surely should!) and an unexpectedly yummy late lunch in a bag from a baker's that I don't normally rate very highly but happened to be passing. I really enjoyed my brief change of scene and give thanks unexpected changes of plans next week made it turn out a timely time to do it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics