Wednesday 25 November 2020

Consumed

Seeming to be extra hungry at the moment, I give thanks for packing my lunch box extra full as there's no getting up to get snacks when you're on the machine. I'd have been even more grateful if I'd remembered to put the lunch box in my bag of course! It had already been a day of some tooth gritting and grinding by the time I unpacked my bits ready to start the afternoon so I was extra grateful for popcorn and custard creams that hadn't fitted in with the sandwiches, fruit and sausage rolls. Oh and that I already made spicy lentil soup yesterday to eat tonight, and managed not to burn it or my mouth too badly hurrying to consume it.

It's been a beautiful day weather wise and I give thanks for the part I got to appreciate. For a silver stripe of sunshine on the green grey sea. The wagtail chirping below my window. Winter blue skies and cloud banks that looked like mountain ranges looming behind low hills

For passing the two lanes called Above way and Higher Above Way which I always forget to mention, and which always make me smile. For being the first with the news to the ward clerk that my surgery had been changed again, and then her checking and being first to tell me it had been changed once more since yesterday afternoon. For Annie Nightingale's Punk and New Wave memories to help take my mind off the itching burning lumps and holes in my skin which continue to grow and multiply, but which so far seem to be of no interest to anyone else but me. I give thanks I'm due for pre-Pembro phone triage early tomorrow. I've always been asked about my skin so here's hoping this time I am and the doctor actually listens...because I've looked on line (Oh god I wish I hadn't) and this is a classic case of a known effect of the drug on the immune system, which could go away with the right response and will only get worse without. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics