Thursday 12 November 2020

Waving

Yay, the council has given me back my three hundred quid! Even with the many extra difficulties these days I'm still delighted to be in charge of my own travel to and from the hospital, but paying for the privilege of having responsibility wasn't part of the deal I signed up for.

I give thanks for the torrential rain last night making the plan to walk up a hill and gain some perspective seem less than sensible. The path would probably have been very slippy and though my spirit might have soared my knees were complaining at the mere thought of it. I did have to go up town to deliver the unshared cakes to the local assistance hub however, as during a Messenger conversation last night they assured me they'd find a way for them to get eaten appreciatively. They are wrapped up mass produced cakes so probably not ever touched by human hands, let alone recently, so I'm grateful whatever the renal unit rules they're not likely to spread any illness. I give thanks for the colours of a maple and holly with berries in the park. For a bit of sunshine too. 

I give thanks for trying to spend the rest of the day as restoratively as possible with a long bath, mosaic making, Yoga Nidra with Donna and gongs on CD from Sally. For discovering cottage cheese is delicious with curry, which I suppose isn't that surprising as it's not that different from paneer, and for discovering although the transport team assured me I had to use a PIN with my pre-charged card it worked fine contactless at the station. I like to get my ticket when there isn't a queue and for once I was grateful for the early dark as I could go and marvel at the Wavewalker all aglow and the sea which always seems to have a special quality at night. 

I give thanks I'm used to bouts of deep depression and know what I have to do. I'm even more grateful there are people who don't get them and can't imagine what it's like to slip into the abyss. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics