Tuesday 13 October 2020

Hanging

Last night I enjoyed watching Agatha and the Midnight Murders recorded on my TV box. The night before I enjoyed watching Midnight Cowboy (for the first time - don't like to be hurried!) streamed on Netflix. After Midnight? Well who knows? It's a song there's been some cracking versions of! I give thanks for the availability of many kinds of media and the opportunities for entertainment they provide. For mains electricity and access to the internet. For my bath and my bed as I'm bushed tonight and haven't got far with putting the living room back together after... tadaa...the wallpapering finally being finished 😍

I give thanks for being much more pleased with how the paper looks than I imagined I would be...bearing in mind I imagined I'd be fairly pleased or I wouldn't have bought it. For what a genuine pleasure it's been having Sam do the protracted hanging of it. I can easily feel uncomfortable when there's people working in my home but he managed to be both good company and non invasive.

I give thanks for finally coming to a mutually agreeable arrangement for meeting Liz and Jo both at the same time...and that a nice time was had by all. For a cafe very careful virus wise but with the usual limited lunch menu for a mostly vegetarian kidney patient, basically boiling down to eggs on toast. I resent paying hospitality prices for something I serve at home, unless the eggs are offered poached (as I don't - and they weren't) so opted for being a carnivore for the first course wolfing down a bacon butty, and redressing the balance with a vegan cup cake for dessert. I give thanks this was most acceptable and should  I ever become hungry again there's leftover veg and tofu curry in the fridge. Oh and for Liz's most unexpected and absolutely wonderful gift of a stained glass hanging. I give thanks this is much easier to photograph right now than the wallpaper. For one thing I don't have to get out of bed!



1 comment:

Web Statistics