Sunday 4 October 2020

Migratory

I've always envied folk with camper vans and this year even more, but I give thanks I have caravanettes on my wellie boots, and the same weather that is so perfect for practising hibernation is also just right for appreciating almost deserted beaches beginning a few yards from my door. For my 'new' coat keeping me cosy and dry, having wonderfully practical large zipped pockets and being long enough not to get a wet bum if you perch on a seat. For the cafe in the cove not only being open and having my most favourite yoghurt topped flapjacks for sale, but the friendly staff advising me they plan to be there ALL YEAR ROUND weather permitting! Oh what joy - definitely worth a small renally unfriendly cappuccino to celebrate as I sat contentedly in the drizzle with martins sweetly swirling all around me gathering to fly south. 

I give thanks yesterday's idling about seemed to ease off the pain in my joints and crank up enthusiasm for putting them to  good use. For the exhilaration of being outdoors in a bit of weather and places that were too crowded to enjoy before (including the pavements!) being empty enough to satisfy even my unsociable tastes. 

For watching fit young men run around on clay and intelligent academic women solving unearthed mysteries on the Bone Detectives while I sewed a few more crochet leaves onto my Tree of Life fabric hanging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics