Monday 26 October 2020

Complimentary

Yay, I finally got my flu jab invitation letter! I resisted these for years but after getting the 'wrong' flu last Christmas, I'm rather keen to be inoculated against the what I hope are right sorts this time. 

For a mild sunny afternoon, nice to be out in though very halftermy everywhere. For a walk through a city park bright with maples, and peacefully free from the students that usually hang out there...

For Cross Country automated 10 minute seat reservation service for when you have a ticket but no booking. The time scale refers to the latest you can book it before departure, not how long it takes - that's nearer 10 seconds after you send the text. Rather annoyingly this proved to be an academic exercise as, despite choosing what I thought was a generously tardy service the unit was running so late I wouldn't even have been able to catch it if I'd been teleported from treatment chair to platform. For attempting to remain good-natured and calm. Staff tell me I'm noted for this which may be a ploy but I'm always pleased to hear! Apparently some patients get grumpy about delays but even if I feel disgruntled or upset I never see the point in taking it out on people who would also prefer that things were going according to plan.

I give thanks for managing to phone for a taxi instead despite the dropping signal. For adjustments made when my blood pressure dropped as well so I began to recover and was able to get on with writing this so there's one less task to fit into an abbreviated evening. For the curly haired sister who came to release me from my torment being so impressed with the accidentally attractive state of mine she took photos and Whatsapped them to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics