Friday 23 October 2020

Fielded

I give thanks for a remarkably enjoyable dream about being in a hospice. Noel Fielding had assigned himself to my pastoral care so there were lots of jaunts where we went hunting for interesting face masks and vintage guitars! For staying alive/asleep an unusually lengthy time...

For another pleasant day as a commuter, catching the bus home even though I knew it would be almost dark by the time I arrived - next week it will be completely dark so this was my last chance to watch the sky as the sun set and see over the hedges into the landscape as it gradually drained of colour. For my mp3 player and headphones to drown out a droning slurred monologue coming somewhere behind me on the almost deserted vehicle. I chose to assume they were talking into a phone and not to turn round in case they weren't. For assuming they would be getting off at the end of the line, and then telling myself off as people who behave like that are found everywhere. For remembering to be grateful for my relative mental and physical health, and again later in the Co op when I saw a familiar local street drinker blatantly bundling a bag of something that sounded like crisps under his jacket and heading for the entrance door which he knew how to open and turn into an exit.

For some new tiles and bases arriving this morning so, as long as my poor sore thumb can handle it, for plans for a weekend mostly mosaic making, munching and watching Netflix and TV.

Today's coronavirus gratitude is for the way it has helped at least some of us remember not to take even the simplest things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics