Saturday 31 October 2020

Rising

Eating, sleeping and making mosaic were my first choices for ways to spend today...so I give thanks for plenty of the former, a little of the rest...and rising to the challenges that kept me from indulging more. For not only rising earlier than seems suitably Saturday like to me, but dressing in time for Clive to arrive and leaving the building in time for my flu jab appointment. I'd enjoyed the marvellously stormy weather from snug inside to begin with but was grateful the clouds had cleared and the gale subsided for my walk up the hill. For the gorgeous little path between the trees shedding golden leaves at the side of the car park, and a brood of new fluffy black swan cygnets on the brook. For a spot of quick popping in shops on the way back, and finding a gluten free name sake pie for Clive who'd never had one!

I give thanks for a selection of very welcome home improvements, including installation of a new bathroom blind that goes up and down on demand, plus hooks for hanging a plant in there and my chimes on the window reveal in the living room so I can tinkle them when I open the curtains in the morning. As for many months I'd not been able to safely open this window, it didn't dawn on me that they will also be wind chimes if I do...until I did in the beaming sunshine this afternoon. I also give thanks there's now a working heater in every room for when the sun don't shine...well, except for the kitchen, but there's a cooker in there...

There won't be much in the way of cooking this evening. I'll be grateful for a reduced price Higgidy pie for my own tea, as I'd like to make inroads into more restoration of homeliness now that I have shelves up in the alcove again and room to put the table and chairs back in place...and of course there's still some more eating, sleeping and creating mosaic to fit in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics