Saturday 10 October 2020

Reserved

I'm on holiday in my spare room again - I give thanks for having a spare room! Even though there's even more stuff in there now that should be elsewhere it's still a snuggly little space on a chilly night... plus it enables me to take my time with the rather strenuous tasks of turning my proper bed mattress and putting the leccy blanket on. As it's a self catering break I give thanks for the well stocked kitchen so I could make a veggie stew for this evening before going out for a stroll around a nearby place that's been out of bounds for many months due to being way too popular with trippers and tourists. It was considerably busier than I'd have preferred today, but that's cause I like places with no people in - it wasn't really packed even by the time I left with the clouds clearing and the car park filling up so I give thanks for that too. 

In retrospect I was grateful the gates to the further paths were locked as although the spirit was up for striding out, the bodily parts were keener to head for home after buying some bread and milk and a slice of take out carrot cake from a cafe. I asked the woman serving if she'd made it herself and it turned out to come from a now well known dessert supply company from where I used to live in Wales!

I give thanks for only giving attention to essential chores today. The long wait for the last of the wallpaper to go up has created a lot of knock on chaos about the place which I don't find comfortable to be in so I've been grateful for literal escape as well as the virtual sort via creative pursuits, the first of series about 'ingenious' animals I worried might be too twee for me but wasn't, and a short but refreshingly deep sleep on the sofa. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics