Tuesday 6 October 2020

Accessible

I give thanks for feeling considerably better by late morning today, and realising by early afternoon that what was ailing me most at that point was cabin fever, so grabbing essentials and hobbling up the stairs on a bus. For the fabulous views raising my spirits...the stiff breeze chasing stripes of light across the surface of the sea and those stunning liners in the bay. And for Imee Ooi drowning out the wittering whingeing women who would otherwise have lowered them! For our bus coming up to a T junction just as a visually impaired woman plus dog were paused at the edge of the pavement to cross. Our driver stopped as another double decker was in the stream of traffic inching along the T, and that driver stopped to jump down and guide the pedestrian safely to the other pavement. How heart warming - even the witterers shut up for a bit after that!

For completing the technical challenges of creating a new Disabled Rail card with photo as an app on my phone. For giving Great Western Railways another nudge about not being able to register on theirs as it says my email address is taken...as it is...by me! For warm sunshine and rainbows in the stormy skies here...and and for worse weather in Paris delaying some matches I wanted to see. Fabulous tennis - the reduced crowd were making almost as much noise as a fully packed stadium! For the blessed feeling of having access to a pleasure I'd thought I'd have to give up on for this year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics