Monday 5 October 2020

Excused

I give thanks for being on the home straight of a rather frustrating day, and for being home on my sofa beginning to settle and defrost after a chilly and uncomfortably bumpy ride home that made my already sore joints hurt even more.

I give thanks for last night's tennis match having me shout at the screen which is a pleasure I honestly wondered if I'd ever have again. For the woman who messaged me this morning wanting my ancient microwave grill combo actually coming to get it when she said she would and not spinning some yarn about her grandmother falling out of a plane the way so called 'buyers' are often likely to do. She'd asked me where I was which puzzled me a little until she showed me her phone and it showed the listing as in Birmingham. I give thanks, though I have the odd senior moment like everyone over the age of ten, I'm quite sure I didn't forget my address and it was the IP one perhaps that came up with such an odd location. For Asda having a sale on for a new smaller lighter less bells and whistles one to replace it. 

I give thanks for feeling better this evening than I did during treatment today, and for having my uneaten lunch to snack on - yes, I really did feel rough! The machine kept alarming so I also missed my nap and I'm grateful for the prospect of either a snooze or an early night (or possibly both!) when I've written this and thought what else simple I can have to eat. I give thanks for Paracetamol and a snuggly cuddly throw. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics