Wednesday 21 October 2020

Potted

I give thanks for my first day as an independent traveller going pretty well. For leaving much earlier than I needed to to get an idea of how long certain processes might take, such as getting the lift up from the station platform and waiting for a driver (taxi not train) to write a receipt...and also just because the novelty of being able to choose my departure time and method was too enticing to wait for! For it being a fine day to visit the city as the weather wasn't, for raiding a pleasantly quiet Poundland and getting some lunch alternatives from Gregg's.

For my treatment going mostly well. For the taxi back afterwards attempting to collect me from the wrong place which led to Rachel arriving here before I did, and greeting me with a freshly made mug of tea. What a delight!

For acupuncture. For friendship. For the mild temperatures and being at home after a long and sometimes tricky day.

Today's virus related gratitude is for how the situation challenges us to rethink priorities and possibilities. Oh and I just looked up and remembered the plant that Rachel gave me in the prettiest ceramic pot. I'm ever so grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics