Monday 12 October 2020

Unknown

The winds of change have been blowing through today with little turning out as expected. I give thanks one thing I thought was going to happen didn't - ie my fistula playing up. The nurse who was putting the needles in was even more relieved as she had not been near my arm for months and was nervous knowing it might be problematic...as well as with the new computer system everyone is trying to get used to. I give thanks when my blood pressure dropped due to over zealous fluid taking a very efficient sister was on hand and let me out early. The taxi was late though, but still it was nice not to be on the machine so long. I was grateful for a comfy ride home too - some of the drivers have very sleek cars but the one who took me in had a dirty people carrier with no suspension in the back and windows open in the front making it a chilly and turbulent journey. I give thanks meanwhile the forms have arrived for another attempt at organising a Patient Held Transport Budget to possibly enrich my life with more autonomy

I give thanks for being philosophical about plans changing for tomorrow too - it was scheduled to be a very busy day and as first one arrangement and then another got changed it now looks more mellow, if less socially rewarding. I give thanks as far as I know Sam is still coming to wallpaper in the living room though and I should have more time - and maybe even more energy - to move furniture to and fro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics