Friday 2 October 2020

Elemental

At first today I was grateful to stay in bed listening to the wind and rain, and then when I finally stirred myself I would have been very grateful to stay in my chair gazing in wonder at the tumbling sea and changing light. Tonight the big ships in the bay (there's a giant ro-ro row your boat as well as the cruise liners) have been bright gold where the late sun was catching them against a curtain of grey rain moving across the sky. I give thanks for my wonderful views!

I give thanks for an OK day at the office - staff I get on well with and my fistula hanging in there, though I guess something will have to be done to fix it soon. For coming home to various sparkling signs of Michelle's visit, and a lovely note complimenting me on my taste and decorating developments since she was last here six months ago. As progress has been slow (and slowed down!) it's easy to forget how much has been done, including how much has been done by me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics