Tuesday 20 October 2020

Administrative

I joke about days at the office, but today has been almost all about health related admin - phoning (including one call an hour long!), photocopying and filing. I give thanks though I was supposed to print out relevant pages of a long document to sign, I was asleep when it arrived and now can't be bothered to get up and see if the old Epson is in the mood! There's no real rush as I've been told I'm already officially in charge of organising my journeys to and fro from hospital (woohoo!) but...wait for it...I have to wait until (at least) 9th November to actually get my hands on the budget to fund them. 'It'll be back dated and you'll be able to be reimbursed' the chap told me...and I should blooming well hope so too at an estimated minimum weekly spend of close on £200! I'm grateful for the autonomy but also, justifiably I think, rather indignant at the lack of warning of how things would be.

In this office you have to do the cooking and dishes and laundry too so I'm grateful for fitting some of that in though I'm far from back to full strength yet. For having to go out to post something I was sent that was wrong so I could get a train ticket for tomorrow at the same time, and for valiantly attempting a short restorative pootle despite spring tides flooding the underpass to the beach and a river of schoolchildren taking over the footpath up to a view. For more emails, messages and phone calls valiantly attempting restoration of the website and mobile application services of a certain western railway company that has less than great technical support. I give thanks that e-ticketing exists, and if it would exist for me that would be rather handy right now!

My pandemic related gratitude for today is that my ISP upped my budget benefit recipient capped broadband package to unlimited usage at the end of March and hasn't put it back down yet. I give thanks for the many usages I put it to - streaming, shopping and 'office' work obviously, but also arranging to meet someone later this week I don't think I've seen all year, and for finding and contacting someone else I'm sure I've not for over forty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics