Saturday 15 February 2014

Unquiet coach

Phew! I'm grateful I'm home... and I'm grateful it only took 10 hrs door to door because I couldn't have gone on much longer. Actually I probably couldn't have done even if I wanted to because they were advising folk not to travel beyond Plymouth. Not that there seemed to be anything intrinsically wrong with the lands beyond there...the rail network just weren't doing trains OR buses. Last year I couldn't praise them enough for their endeavours to make disruption as smooth and pleasant as could be, but they're all clearly fed up with it now and this afternoon has not been fun so I won't go on about it. I will add, however, that I'm very grateful the member of staff at Wolverhampton who insisted it was a through train to Paignton wasn't actually driving it!

I'm grateful for the pretty blue skies around Gloucester, the lovely pink sunset at Bristol and for the glorious almost full moon shining on the sea in Devon. I'm grateful I can have something to eat as it's been too tense to want to before, and to drink as that would have been even more so on a motorway on a coach without a loo! I'm grateful my flat is so pretty...I always forget when I'm away. Oh and I'm grateful I went away for a delightful birthday treat...worth all the money and effort and some to spare, even all the exceptionally trying to and fro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics