Saturday 1 February 2014

Wide shut

Over the last twenty four hours I've been grateful for some sleep and some wakefulness, and sometimes even some of them taking place at appropriate times as well! I give thanks for the aural cocoon of earplugs when needed...

There have been some beautiful dawns this winter so I've been grateful to those people who get up early and take pictures as the sun rises over the sea and then post their photos on Facebook. And during my own more lazy mornings I've been enjoying the day break through my closed eyelids. I'm serious...I'm not sure if you can call it 'watching' exactly if your eyes are shut but you can still see the light change!

I was grateful for the opportunity to see the light change later in the morning too...watching clouds rush down the hillsides and rain blown horizontally along. I gave thanks for being about to get warm and wet in the bath rather than cold and wet outdoors...

Then in the afternoon, tidying up the kitchen windowsill waiting for the kettle to boil I watched the silent movie of someone unable to unlock their car, trying and failing to pry open the doors. They must have succeeded because an hour or two later there was another car in the same spot, and though the doors were open different people were wrestling with their key. I couldn't work out what they couldn't make it do (start? open the boot?) but I gave thanks for witnessing the weird co-incidence! 

And for reading this about how scratching what is better can help what isn't
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24935-scratch-a-mirror-image-of-your-itch-to-bring-relief.html

And now this evening, after a day only a notch or two busier than totally idle, I give thanks that Mr Tesco has made potatoes dauphinoise for my tea, and that my food processor created a little nut roast to go with it. I must away and do some veg...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics