Saturday 22 February 2014

Knees up

Gratitude for a beautiful day today...for a long walk on the coast path, followed by meeting a friend to share an enormous cream tea...and all this without even getting out of bed, ha ha! I give thanks for my vivid imagination... 

I'm grateful I did actually technically make it outside, for taking the smelly rubbish with me and for joss sticks for keeping the place inhabitable until I did. This was part of a bit of a clean and tidy up session so I give thanks for the energy for that too as things were getting very messy about the place. They still are...but less so! 

Clearing up a little meant that I could get to that bit of fabric on the floor that I hope one day will be a dress and, as I'm still missing some bits for the bodice, start work on it from the hem up. I give thanks for getting the four bottom pieces cut out, and two even sewn together before my joints started hurting too much to continue. I've started so I'm sure I will finish... eventually!


Having a bit more order and organisation meant I felt like finally getting round to opening my birthday cards and presents...and some belated Christmas ones as well! Much gratitude for people's kindness and thoughtfulness! A part of a mobile from Bob is shown here, which I'm not capable of hanging from the ceiling at the moment but which will manage on the window handle for now. To be honest I'm really rather grateful not even a tea party materialised in the end, as the only knees up I'm up for involves a chair pulled next to the sofa to rest my legs on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics