Sunday 9 February 2014

What's to lose?

Let's hear it for the losers! What do I mean by 'losers'? You choose...anyone you think is less anything than someone else. Let's hear it for the also rans, the stumbled and fell, the almost spouses jilted at the altar when the one true love returned. I qualify as a loser in many people's eyes for many reasons...but reckon am still a winner for recognising how arbitrary it all is, and I give thanks for seeing the long way last places come home in races to cheers and appreciation.

The last group to be recruited for the Big Town Dance were the unemployed, the retired, volunteers and stay at home parents. Nice to see some elderly, overweight and learning disabled involved but they were described as the invisible people, whereas to me that's those homeless or unable to leave where they live, the mentally ill...and those who wouldn't have anyone to congratulate and hug them at them end! They too may dance to whatever degree... we can all be dancing inside even if unanimously voted lacking in both technical skill and artistic impression. 

Anyway, I'm grateful for watching some skating and more slopestyle - sports for which I even fail to operate the remote control correctly! For Lost Land of the Tiger with footage of breathtakingly beautiful 'gross national happiness is us' Bhutan, life limited Alan Rabinowitz for reminding us to do what we do best for as long as we can and Gordon Buchanon's enchantingly curly hair.

I give thanks for completing all the tasks on my list that can be done for now...even though I lost the list for a while! For the straight down the middle division of light and shade on upright branches when the sun came out late today. I'm grateful our pier is still standing, and that I'm sitting down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics