Friday 7 February 2014

Opening ceremony

Woohoo! We could have the windows open today. I give great thanks for fresh (mild) air and warm sunshine...

I'm grateful for randomly turning on the TV in time for the start of the Winter Olympics. I'm rather partial to an opening ceremony. What's not to like? Yes, I know, lots of things! But there's fireworks, special effects, 3d stage sets, and conglomerations of individuals performing small actions (mostly) in sync to create something spectacularly more than the sum of! With the winter ones you get some interesting knitwear too, oh and the backstories you couldn't make up - cool runnings, Vanessa Mae etc. And because it was Russia we has some spectacular ballet too! Extra thanks for some inventive torch bearing...and the memory of Muse on the bridge here (pause to get slightly emotional!)...and, not inconsiderable, that the last Winter Olympics I spent under the threat of imminent death. I remember thinking I was very grateful I'd survived long enough to discover the delights of (watching) mogul skiiing!

I give thanks for finding something that matches my dress! Everything I've acquired for my trip has either been on special offer, or in need of some stitchery (or in some cases both) but yesterday I bought myself a brand new full price scarf/shawl partly for chilly northern climes, and partly because I have no one to ask 'What would you like for your birthday?' and if I had I'd have said this! Look...it's different on the two sides...you can see both of them here. And because I bought it myself I can open it now!!!


I bought it just after acupuncture, when I'd have probably gone for magic beans and unicorn shampoo too if they'd been on offer...so I'm also very grateful that I still like it in less than cloud nine light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics