Wednesday 19 February 2014

Small fortunes

I'm grateful I've finished four 'creme egg' chicks for the local charity that helps care for patients and carers round here. They're pretty much the same as the ones I made for them last year so I'll spare you another pic! I give thanks that they asked me to make a few because I'm on their list of helpful knitters...it's not often I get the opportunity to feel helpful these days, though a man on the train the other day was delighted when I showed him how to open and shut the toilet door!

I'm grateful for another Tesco delivery despite the fact the driver was so monosyllabic and dour. Amongst the groceries was a 'finest' carrot cake as bought partly as a belated birthday treat, partly to tempt my jaded appetite and partly because I've been hopeful that someone might come and 'take tea' with me this week. There's currently no evidence this dream may be realised so I'm also giving thanks for having not the slightest of qualms about munching my way through it alone...

I'm grateful for finding a message in my Facebook 'others' inbox from a real person trying to communicate...and no, I don't mean trying to communicate that I am the sole next of kin of someone who died leaving a vast fortune, or any of the other drivel that lands in there!

I give thanks for some TV offerings that have taken my fancy including a new series of First Dates and the two part documentary about the work of registrars. It's lovely to see there's so much love in some people's lives...And for the optimism with which I've laid this piece of soft needlecord on the floor hoping that it might be the start of another just right dress...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics