Wednesday 5 February 2014

Me tube

If the dress fits I'll show you a photo of it, but for now I've just got to carry on making it to find out, and that seems to be taking forever. It's probably the most complicated garment I've made without a pattern since I was a teenager but it's not actually especially difficult or requiring particular skills - just grip, and I'm losing my mental grip with my manual grasp that only seems to have two settings ie. dropped it and excruciating spasms!

Oh well, I'm grateful for my perseverance. And that I felt the design called for rouleau which, as every sewer knows is intrinsically evil whether your hands work or not! I'm grateful the power (and roof!) have stayed on and that both bath water and spicy lentil stew are heating up. I'm grateful for my slow cooking pot, and that the saucepan the stew was in before it went in there is only slightly burnt (thanks to the distraction of that rouleau!). I'm also very grateful to a charming and cheerful delivery driver for bringing me my shopping this afternoon including the tasty organic veg to go in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics