Thursday 13 February 2014

Passing places

Still having fun guys, as best I can!


Last night I was grateful I decided to eat in the bar as it felt less awkward than dining alone in the restaurant...not that it's especially awkward doing that here but it's never the most comfortable of feelings. It also meant I had others to share oohs and ahhs with at the fearsome wind. I gave thanks I was used to the incredibly loud noises it can make when it gets going, and that there was no major damage here. 

This morning I wasn't physically up to doing anything much but also a bit low in spirits so moping around in my room didn't seem a good plan either. I'm grateful the weather was pretty bad so that on bus rides to breathtakingly beautiful places not wanting to get out and potter around seemed a fine idea! Even though even sitting still was painful, watching the landscape unfold was worth every ache and discomfort. Absolutely what I came for! Sometime it was just me on the bus, but on one I met a local character although I didn't read this til later when looking for up to date travel news...so I give thanks for the serendipitous chance to find out more about him...
http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/news/11005878.Avid_reader_lives_in_converted_library_van_in_the_heart_of_the_Lake_District_after_falling_on_hard_times/

Despite the splendour of the journeys, it's also been splendid just to chill with a bit of the mens' short programme figure skating later in the day, so more thanks for that, and that I brought my laptop with me so that even though there's no pause on the TV remote control, courtesy of the hotel wifi connection and the BBC website I could go back and watch the bits I missed while in the bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics