Sunday 2 February 2014

Talking to myself

This morning I woke up late and grateful I could stay in bed and snooze some more. I was sooo glad it wasn't the sunny day the weather folk had forecast as I knew that would be hard to resist however feeble I was feeling. I gave thanks for the energy to get up and get a cuppa and a biscuit and then enjoyed another lazy hour looking at the (sparse) winter bus routes around where I'll be staying and possible (short) ambles, about the length of a trip to the doctors or round the shops here if weather was conducive. 

And then of course the sun came out...and an inner debate ensued! My hips were telling me they'd make me suffer if they went anywhere (and we all know hips don't lie!) and my knees were saying they were wimps and they went around hurting almost all the time, and my eyes and soul were begging for the great outdoors with no appointments or goals involved. So my hips were outnumbered and I succumbed to temptation!

The tide was out and it seemed that everyone else was too...the sea wall a veritable procession right the way out to Sprey Point and an offputting queue at the cafe. So I was extremely grateful that at the junction on the path where there's always another inner debate ('Can I face going up the steps today?' 'Can I face missing the view if I don't?') I'd already chosen the high road and, after admiring said view, could turn up the little lane instead and then come down through the almost deserted park. Almost deserted except for birds...some of which I even knew the name of! I talked to them of course...when there were no humans around to hear. And when there were I gave thanks for the opportunity to 'pass the time of day'. It's good to talk even if that is all you do...and I'm very grateful I live somewhere where passers by usually greet each other this way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics