Friday 21 February 2014

Slice of life

Unable to find a certain sort of fabric on line, I decided to try a bricks and mortar shop today. Unable to stay awake for long, I picked the nearest one that didn't need a rail replacement bus to get to, but completely forgot that it was half term so the roads were twice as busy and the ordinary bus twice as full with people off work, school and college...and half as full again with people avoiding the rail replacement one! I'm grateful I had my trusty mp3 player and that neither the whingey kids nor the youths boasting about their criminal convictions were actually sharing my seat.

Much gratitude for the pretty sights seen...purple crocuses and pink bergenia glowing in a garden, sun on the tors, pale blue sky reflected in the river and rain running on the windscreen so neatly it looked like patterned glass. Also that the rain didn't fall on me! I'm grateful that though the sewing shop didn't have what I wanted I did have a friendly chat with the lady inside - I've been going there for years and it's the first time this has occurred! I'm also grateful that the lack of the fabric isn't delaying the project it's for because I haven't actually started yet, and given the speed at which I'm currently achieving things I can carry on not finding it for quite a while to come...

I'm grateful I came across a couple of other useful things...including a cup of tea and a cheese scone to fortify me for the return trip. And that, as there is still no word of visitors pending, I could finish off that carrot cake when I got home before falling deeply asleep. When you're pretty much permanently tired it's good if you can still get things done, but even better when you stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics