Thursday 6 February 2014

Wardrobe function

Yay, I got my new dress finished and it fits! Ann asked if it matched anything - only my requirements, ha ha! It's made from the cheapest wearable material I could find (in case it wasn't) and I really wanted to finish it before I went to acupuncture so that someone could check it out in the fabric instead of just virtually. There wasn't a lot of spare time but I'm glad I achieved this and even managed a quality control check in the form of one of those pesky wardrobe malfunctions. I'm grateful this didn't happen when I was out and about of course, but I'd rather it hadn't happened when I was almost fully dressed to leave including boots so that it was a bit frantic tying to remove things again. And maybe if I hadn't had some toast on at the time that got stuck in the toaster, so the smoke alarm was going off at the same time. I give thanks for proving that it's better to laugh than cry as dealing with a leak and a fire at the same time is demanding enough without having to dry your eyes and blow your nose a well!

The clothing style I've adopted over the last year is largely due to the desire not only conceal strange lumps on my tummy, but to minimise mayhem when these mishaps occur. So yes, I'm grateful the garment was unscathed as well as to my scathed hands for producing it. And as a bonus, it also concealed the Primark sticky size label that I'd been unable to pick off some leggings I bought the other day. 

You may sense a sense of somewhat less than total gratitude in my account of the scenario...but that was before acupuncture, I give great thanks that I feel a lot better now! And here it is, the aforementioned dress,  as best as I can show it anyhow, and with a bit of beetle coat in the background too..


It was my first time out today since Monday evening, and for once I'd not been disappointed to miss seeing the waves as it was a whole lot cosier and less energetic watching them on the internet and TV. It was sobering to see the damage on the seafront for real though, and I'm grateful no lives were lost or any serious injuries sustained . Now I'm grateful I'm home, have thrown together some (slightly) more successfully cooked tea than lunch and that I can get back to that all important resting. Heavens I'm tired...think I could do with a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics