Thursday 27 February 2014

Supporting role

I'm very grateful for feeling a little more lively today because I had a LOT to do! Now I'm extremely not lively but very thankful I've mostly done it!

I'm grateful for receiving several compliments and being involved in several companionable chats while I was out and about. A few of these were coat related and I give thanks once again for finding such a very practical and attractive pedestrian's coat...though I'm still grateful for mostly dodging the showers.


I'm grateful for the sight of spring flowers in gardens, the pink tips of magnolia buds opening and aubretia in almost full flower. Also for 'film rain' - that's rain that's falling quite heavily even though the sky is bright. It's common in films because, of course, the rain is rarely real and has to be floodlit for the cameras, so dripping characters have very unrealistic shadows on their faces and at their feet!

I'm grateful to Rachel's husband for cooking my tea. He didn't know he was doing it at the time but he made an extra large spicy stirfry yesterday and I blagged a portion.

I'm grateful for my phone helping me find a rather well hidden shop, and for it being possible there to try out mattresses that they will deliver, unwrap and put on your bed and take your old one away. To find a store like this when you don't have your own transport is excellent - especially one that you don't need your own transport to get to in the first place! Great gratitude for the prices being a lot less than I'd imagined as well...

And last night I gave thanks for listening to Bob guest DJing on internet radio and being very listenable to! One of the first tunes he played had a sampled hooky riff I swear came from an old old Stones song, though possibly indirectly of course, but it particularly made me smile to hear something I recognised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics