Monday 3 February 2014

Climbing every mountain

There's a wonderful thing about being a grounded hill walker you know...you only have to walk up and down the slightest incline and you feel like you've climbed a mountain afterwards! Today has been a long hard slog in many ways, not least in maintaining my sense of gratitude. It's not that I'm no longer aware of how very fortunate I am in so many ways, but sometimes the ways in which I am perhaps not quite so very blessed seem more prominent, so apologies if my gratitude seems to come through gritted teeth today...

I give thanks for...

The perfect crispness of the first digestive out of the packet. Having a packet of digestive biscuits, some self control and no weight problem!

An absolutely awesome film of the waves here this morning at high tide. It was posted on Facebook and I've shared it on there but it doesn't seem to be on Youtube or anywhere else I can show you I'm afraid. There's a link to some waves down the road in Dawlish on the ITV website http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/  ...but ours were better (of course!) and there was a glimpse or two of the show on BBC's spotlight... and of Bude's river surfers too

Taking a detour to pick up a parcel from the Post Office even though I got very cold and wet in the process because the parcel contained a new coat! It's been a long time coming...the first one the Post Office lost, the second one was too small, the third one was damaged and the fourth one is just right for Goldilocks to go out in the wind and rain again in!

For getting warm and dry eventually. For living somewhere that doesn't flood (well not from rivers and sea anyhow!) And for deciding to go to choir although neither the weather nor my health seem conducive. Why? Because everything I've tackled today has produced more strain than gain and I want to give one more thing one more shot before I take to my bed for a very long rest...

Ooh look what I just found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xlZ7TNhb_8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics