Tuesday 11 February 2014

Hot and cold

I give thanks that the tap water tastes so delicious here...haven't willingly drunk tap water in years! Oh, and for working out how to work the window and the radiator so I didn't become mummified overnight. Central heating eh? I think I brought far too many thermals and not enough summer garb!

Speaking of which, I give thanks I've been keeping my weather goddess subscriptions up to date so that today was as good as possibly could be, with more snow on the tops overnight but sunshine most of the afternoon until just after I got on the bus to come home when a hail storm turned the bottoms white as well. I give thanks for my small priced but perfectly formed coat and boots for keeping me so warm and dry.

Today was meant to be a day of rest but the first day of your holiday never is, is it? You always think you'll take it easy and leave where you're staying for a short stroll only to find yourself miles from there a few hours later! I give thanks for the extra energy not having housework to do releases, and also that there seems to be more time without it as well, as if I do walk anywhere it sure does need a lot of that! The scenery today has made me both laugh and cry with joy, and I am most grateful for treating myself to this trip where it is hard it to go anywhere without seeing it...even sitting still on a bus!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics