Tuesday 4 February 2014

Catching up

For some reason, despite the fact that the previous two days I was out and about, even fairly energetically for me, I imagined today would be a day of catching up with quiet craft activities and programmes missed on TV...rather than a day largely spent in various stages of sleep. Oh well, I'm grateful for catching up with that!

I give thanks for a fine selection of leftovers so very little effort has been needed in the catering department either...

When I have been upright, I've been giving thanks for the sea for being so mesmerising to watch. I was going to add 'even from here' but actually having been briefly on the seafront at low tide yesterday I know there is nothing mesmerising about being close to it at the moment. A photo opportunity it was not, as both hands were needed to keep my hat on! It's hard to believe on Sunday it looked like this...


Oh and that reminds me...last night I gave thanks for my new coat doing what a pedestrian's coat should do in a most acceptable manner. I had been searching since Christmas and had found precisely one style that seemed to fit all my requirements (including price) so it was worth persevering to actually get one on my back. It comes down to my knees and has not only a detachable hood but also a detachable furry neck warmer inside it and bits that do up over your mouth and chin so only your eyes and nose need be exposed. Very necessary this weather...though I was still grateful for a lift home afterwards! And I'm very grateful for making it to choir for the first time in a few weeks. Although it's tiring it's also exhilarating, plus there's a far better chance of the right things coming out when I open my mouth to sing than when I use it for talking. Though even that's better than typing...I think I've managed about six words in ten correctly first time today and that's an awful lot of retyping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics