Sunday 18 October 2020

Viral

This morning I opened the spare room curtains and said hello to these cheerful little lettuce plants that generously offer a layer of freshness to my food time and time again. And as I gave thanks for lockdown inspiring me to grow a little window sill garden (after years of saying I might), I decided to try to think of one thing I'm grateful for every day for a week that is in some way attributable to the pandemic. And that's today's of course!

Otherwise I've been very grateful it's been another day off and there's been plenty of opportunity to be horizontal and, as necessary, asleep. For nonetheless achieving the goals I set myself ie. to be dressed before midday, to be outdoors for a very slow very local pootle before dark, to chop some veg and fruit to supplement my currently packet based diet and to put away the rest of the packets! For the gilding of windows coming up to sunset. For the smell of the sea. For the heartrending cuteness of fluffy ducklings. For stumbling into the start of a Jurassic Park movie I'd not seen last night - I do enjoy that franchise though I'm pretty sure I'm not the demographic they are aiming for! Also for a Netflix offering I'd dismissed thinking it was a superfluous remake of the 2006 film of the book Perfume being in fact a series, nodding to the both of the above but a stand alone delight. Well, if you like that kind of thing - which I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics