Tuesday 27 October 2020

Optional

I give thanks for more perfect weather this morning - peeing down and windy and not a tourist in sight! As my battery ran completely flat just after 9 last night I'd been awake for hours by the time the world was open and was grateful I was able to get out and back before the sun reappeared and everywhere filled up again, even though I've been in a state of zombi since. For a stunning array of shopping in the bay... 

I give thanks for reminding myself almost everything I think I ought to do is actually non-essential. For wryly noting I ought to remind myself about this more! 

I give thanks for accepting the mounting evidence from other areas of my life that something pleasant planned for this weekend would be better postponed until next. As soon as I made the decision to change the date Saturday filled up with sensible stuff like my flu jab appointment and Clive coming to sort out all manner of outstanding manly jobs, so I give thanks for the feeling I'd made the right choice,even though I'll never know of course how the alternative might have turned out. 

I give thanks thanks for salmon and broccoli risotto almost ready to eat. Didn't have enough of the right type of rice so I topped up with the pudding sort. I give thanks though I know a few Italians none of then read my blog! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics