Friday 10 April 2020

Sheepish

I give thanks for chuckling to myself on the way home from the unit this evening. It just popped into my head that the prisoner who is chained and guarded during his treatment probably started dialysis as a few man but became so exasperated with the belittling staff he committed a serious assault! This is just my sense of humour - I know it isn't true - but I gave thanks for my sense of humour at the end of a rather trying day. And also for Imee Ooi in my ears as defence against the chat of volunteer driver who says things like 'What a lovely day. What a shame you're going to be stuck inside' or 'It's a pity you can't go for a walk. It'd be nice to have a stroll along the sea front there'. I give thanks for reminding myself it's my own fault I struggle with the (lack of) communication in my current hospital days, and for resolving to try to learn to be more sheep and make the mindless bleating responses required of me. Just after that we passed a field of blissfully oblivious sheep and I give thanks for that making me smile as well...

I give thanks for Julie arriving with my shopping not long after I got home so we could share a rant or two. For Tesco having almost everything I asked for including daffodils...though sadly not the vegan Easter egg I'd asked for for her! I give thanks for the highs and lows of the tides at the moment. I could see rocks I've not seen for ages when it dropped yesterday (and won't see again when the sea wall extends a bit further) plus this morning the estuary seemed so full and blue it looked more like a lake. I give thanks it's the weekend. Anything that's not Monday, Wednesday or Friday is fine by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics