Wednesday 1 April 2020

Unorthodox

I give thanks for white horse manes blowing in the wind on the wave tops this morning. For also looking out of the window just before I went to wait for my transport and seeing one of the boats approaching that ferry the rail workers' plant to and fro. For deciding it would be OK to break the rules and walk down the pavement a few metres to watch for a short while instead of standing still.

For a nice to talk to driver today - a fellow introvert also appreciating our special skills at this time. For a silent one on the way home so I could concentrate on the world outside more easily. For the red earth of a ploughed field and some rainbows in the windows.

For an OK time on treatment, and the bizarre coincidence of being put on the machine by an old neighbour of mine - but not the patient who always wanted to give me a lift! For seeing a couple of other staff I know from elsewhere, as it always makes you feel more comfortable to see a familiar face.

For managing to eke out my packed lunch to last through various delays which made for a rather long day. For one resulting in me having to change rooms just when we were all set up, as this meant I was not so cold. For one of the prison officers chained to the patient in the room I vacated kindly handing me my coat which got left behind!

Most of all though, I give thanks for the superb Orthodox on Netflix for taking over my concentration and taking me somewhere else entirely for chunks of the last few sessions. Particularly interesting if you're interested in belief and ritual I guess, but a poignant true story anyway, plus wonderful music too!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/arts/television/unorthodox-writer-deborah-feldman-netflix.amp.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics