Thursday 9 April 2020

Occupied

What a glorious day it's been again. I give thanks for everyone who has had a chance to enjoy it in some way. Personally, apart from a few minutes waiting by the bins for Clive to deliver my eggs and parcel I've only been able to see outside from indoors, but I give thanks for that particular hazy blueness to the light we get on still warm days at the start and end of summer. Also for it being warm enough for me to be comfortable without loads of cumbersome layers, so rare for so many months of the year and so very relaxing and welcome.

I give thanks for a leisurely start to proceedings, but after a surprisingly invigorating shower (I think someone in a neighbouring flat may have their washing machine on!) for eventually getting going with some of the many tasks I always have on my mental to do list. For being pleasantly fatigued now they are mostly done, with a resolve not to be to perturbed about the ones still unfinished or not yet started at all. I am so grateful I have so many ways to keep occupied, including peacefully doing nothing at all, and don't suffer from the boredom some people are struggling with now - at least not on non-treatment days!

I give thanks most of what I wished to click seemed collectable from the local Tesco store, but for being prepared that shoppers allowed to shop in person may buy these items before the picker sets them aside for me. They've already whisked away the paracetamol and the own brand Earl Grey tea, so I give thanks for getting used to managing on short rations of both of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics