Thursday 16 April 2020

Free

I give thanks for doing well with the to do list today. It contained items like 'Stay in bed late' 'Do unimportant internet window shopping' and 'Watch mildly amusing TV'... For also making progress with the reorganising of my spare room which is a a light and warm space with pretty views so I'm grateful it's becoming usable again. It contains both DIY and (enough) craft supplies (for a small shop) as well as all manner of other possessions some of which I believe to be beautiful, some I know to be useful... and others that simply have, despite many moves and not much of a hoarding instinct stayed with me. Today I discovered a notebook with some journal entries from a budget wander down the Spanish coast I took with my son 31 years ago! How lovely to remember feeling so free...

I give thanks for cotton sheets and cosy quilts. For running water, electricity and all the appliances that use them and make our chores less of a chore. For the peacefulness that comes from the air conditioning not running at the businesses downstairs...plus the silenced rides and machines. Lockdown has some benefits



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics