Thursday 23 April 2020

Cheery

I give thanks for wavy leaves - those stand-out-from-the-crowd ones that, due to perhaps to the way they're attached to the twig, flutter in breezes that leave their companions unmoved.

For trying Tesco's own brand 'cheerios'. Apart from home made granola I've not had cereals for years as my favourites are all disallowed, but I found myself fancying a multi-grain hoop and at a pound a box who can complain? For the delicious alternatives so readily available now so I don't eat into my allowance of dairy.

For the lack of coach loads of day trippers milling around outside, so I can watch crowds of midges and the railway men performing tractor, truck and trailer manoeuvres in the empty pull in outside.

For breaking the rules and going for a bit of a stroll in the gloriously warm sunshine - I even had my arms out! Usually I'm self conscious about this as my fistula looks so gross, so I'm grateful I was so bowled over by simply being warm enough (which is rare for me in August let alone April!) I completely forgot to be embarrassed. I give thanks there were a few people around but everyone keeping their distance and most smiling or saying friendly hellos as they passed. For the tiny,very socially close fish flowing in shoals in the brook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics