Wednesday 8 April 2020

Eclectic

My inner adolescent male is very grateful for the range of vehicles and plant the rail wall team are still putting through their paces nearby. The most monstrous trucks are mostly used at night - probably so the multicoloured flashing lights and grunty engines can be properly appreciated I think don't you? Certainly I can't see why else they have to be driven around the crazy golf traffic island quite as much as they do, but I love to watch them especially obediently paused at the lights when the roads are otherwise empty. Last night there was a squeal of metal and calls of 'Woah!', when the chap steering his trailer load of a top section piece didn't keep any social distance from a lamp post at all, so I enjoyed watching all the kerfuffle with that...and also the luscious moon!

When ready for bed I gave thanks for making myself stay awake to join the post midnight rush for a Tesco slot as the new day's (three weeks away) became available. For bagging one and getting enough in my basket to check out. Sometime I might try to persuade them I should be prioritised but their phone lines are so busy, and email system completely removed, so in the mean time this is something sussing out how to work the system is something to very grateful for.

I give thanks for the sun coming out just as the taxi arrived at the business park and having the bright idea of asking to be dropped off at the entrance so I could have a few minutes stroll down to the unit. Such a luxury to be able a walk a short way outside and, deserted except for people heading to and from the same place in cars and ambulances, it was rather pleasant to take in the trees and shrubs and the little brook left behind when they destroyed a beauty spot to build it. Oh and for spotting these late daffs and crocuses too!


There was a long wait to be called for treatment and when it was finally my turn I had to be sent away again as I'd not been allocated a side room, so I was very grateful for thinking to ask if I could spend the time outside with my lunch and enjoy the fresh air and very warm sunshine some more..

After a long day I give thanks for how lovely it is to be home, sitting at my window with a Rooibosch watching the still sea turn its beautiful pearly sunny evening colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics